League Scheduling Meeting / Baseball Pick-up
Location: Dayton Marriott
1414 S Patterson Blvd
Dayton, OH 45409
8U & 9 U: 6-6:45 pm
10U &11 U: 7-7:45 pm
12U, 13U & 14U: 8-8:45 pm
Age Group Assignment and Regional Splits
Registration now closed / League Fees Due
Registration Closes for 8,9,10,11,12,13 & 14 age Groups
League will start working on divisional and regional assignments.
Registrations for the MOBL 2015 season are available here.
Coaches should be working on administrative duties such as concussion certification for all coaching staff, uploading of birth certificates, team roster, player/parent contracts. No game can be played until all league administrative requirements are completed.
Coach and Player contracts are required to play, and can be completed online through the MOBL website. If you’re having trouble, please look through this list for help:
Password doesn’t work when I try to log in
Make sure you haven’t added a space before the password, and remember that passwords are case sensitive.
Player or Coach doesn’t receive the contract email
Check your spam/junk folder. Email addresses ending in yahoo.com, sbcglobal.net and aol.com have known compatibility issues. Try using a different email, or simply tell the player their personal password, found on the player contract page.
I have the password, where do I enter it to complete my contract?
Follow the link found in the contract email or use these:
Still having trouble? Contact the league here.
Monday 23, 2015 the league will be holding its league scheduling night. Age group times and location are posted under Important Dates on the left side of the web page. Come prepared with schedule of dates/home field availability. Refreshments will be served.
This will also be the only opportunity to pick up your baseball order.
Do not contact the umpire scheduler at this time. They will contact you with procedures.
Geographical splits and number of league games are available at this time on the website. To get further information for your team's age group,click the associated link:
Registration for the upcoming 2015 season has closed. Any team that has failed to register needs to contact the league at this time. Slotting for divisional assignment will be out on February 1, this will be a preliminary assignment and not final and will not include any coaches contact info. Coaches can not try to schedule from this list. February 1-8 the league will hear and rule on any petition request to be moved. Between February 9-15 league will finalize regional, divisional, number of league games and will be sent out and posted on website. At this time teams will start scheduling league games. League scheduling meeting will be February 23 at the Dayton Marriott. Baseballs orders will be picked up at this time.
Due to changing policies at Yahoo, any email address ending in Yahoo.com or Sbcglobal.net will not receive official MOBL emails, including coach and player contracts. If you are a coach using a Yahoo email address, simply log in and click “Edit My Information” to choose a different email. Player emails can be edited by clicking “Team Roster”. If and when Yahoo corrects this issue, we will let everyone know.
We have recently become aware that someone is fraudulently selling raffle tickets for a Harley using the name of Midwest Ohio Baseball. This is NOT a league sponsored raffle. We are working with law enforcement to apphrehend the responsible party. If you have bought any of these tickets, or have any information please contact Wade Westfall via email at: email@example.com.
New team meeting notes for the 2015 season are available here.
Coaches: There were some changes to the league rules which were discussed but apparently not properly uploaded to the rules section. These changes are being implemented immediately. Implementing them now will have no effect on those few games that have already been played and they are important to improve the play and administration of the league. Full details are on the website as the rules have been updated to reflect these changes.
Click HERE to see a summary of rule changes.
We have been receiving some questions so I am addressing them in this email to clear up what the new requirements are and what is needed from you.
1. Coach Contracts: Each coach is required to have an electronic contract on our system agreeing to the MOBL rules for coaching in the league. This system works exactly like Player contracts do. Automatically send an email out to your assistant coaches (entered in the manage assistant coaches section) with the coach contract tools provided. This will send the information required for your assistant coaches to fill out their contract and send them a link for Ohio Concussion Training.
2. Ohio Concussion Certification: This toolset works just like the Player Birth Certificate Uploads. You are able to upload a certificate for each of the coaches associated with your team or they are able to upload it themselves when they fill out their coaching contract. If they do not have their certificate when they fill out the coaching contract the can return later to the link in the email sent them byt the system and then upload their certificate with the file uploader tool at the bottom of their contract. Like I stated before, as a Head Coach you are able to upload the certs for them as well. Click on the Concussion link in the requirements section to the left.
3. Background Checks: To be compliant for background checks all you need to do is have your information and your assistant coaches information entered. Name, birthdate, email, phone numbers, address, etc... The league will submit the information once it is all received. If there is any problem you will contacted privately. The middle initial and the birthdate fields are new, so be sure you fill those out if you already haven not.
Have a safe and fun season,
Each team in the league has their own goals and objectives. We attempt to find a balance for our league schedules, whenever possible, to match and meet the needs of as many teams as possible. We are hopeful that this years scheduling will meet the needs of nearly all teams.
In order to make certain that the contact information stays up to date, we DO NOT provide a contact list. Everything is driven to the website to help simplify every ones life. As a logged in user, you will have access to all the contact information for the teams in your age group.
Remember, all contact information is expected to be kept confidential and is not to be shared with anyone. Failure to do so may lead to league sanctions, penalties and possible termination from the league.
All of the games indicated by league are League Games and should be marked as League Games on your schedule in order to properly appear in the league standings. You may play as many other games with league teams as you wish. Those games, along with any games with outside teams, are Non League Games.
Some of your divisions may include geographical splits. Do not take take geographical literally, for it is only meant to be a separation tool and not a indicator of where you are located.
Remember the scheduling meeting is next Monday February 24 and we encourage you to attend and complete this process in one night. However, you are free to schedule prior if you wish.
We look forward to seeing you all Monday at our scheduling meeting and let's hope for a break in the weather to play ball.
Wade Westfall & Gregg Beemer
Recently, Midwest Ohio Baseball performed an extensive telephone survey in order to get your feedback regarding the past season. We thank the coaches for the very positive responses. Over the past 10 years, both amateur baseball and Midwest Ohio Baseball League have made significant changes. Click HERE to see the answers to common questions about the league.
Coaches, parents and players:
We recently received information concerning the potential that a coach in the Midwest Ohio Baseball League had fraudulently altered a birth certificate. Following our own investigation, we have confirmed that this violation occurred and impacted both the 2013 and 2014 seasons. As a result, the following actions have been taken regarding the coach, the player involved, the team and the organization:
The Coach of the 2013 (13u)-2014(14u) Miami Valley Heat team, Mark Eldridge altered the birth certificate of his son Logan.
Mark Eldridge is hereby Banned for Life from coaching, managing, administering or any other non-parent involvement with ANY team in the Midwest Ohio Baseball League.
Logan Eldridge is hereby Banned for Life from playing in the Midwest Ohio Baseball League.
All wins and championships, both league and tournament, are hereby stripped from the 2013 and 2014 Miami Valley Heat teams. The records of the Midwest Ohio League will note the reason for vacating these wins and championships.
The Miami Valley Heat organization has cooperated fully with our investigation. They have agreed to, and are already implementing, the following sanctions:
1. The Miami Valley Heat will fully support and enforce the Lifetime Bans for both Mark Eldridge and Logan Eldridge.
2. This team will be disbanded.
3. All 2015 Miami Valley Heat players will be required to submit original, certified birth certificates.
4. The Miami Valley Heat will be contacting each and every National affiliation and each tournament venue from these seasons, and vacating all wins and any championships.
5. On their website, and in any and all promotion of their organization, including but not limited to any and all tryout postings, the Miami Valley Heat will cease to use this team in any way. Additionally, any historic records of this team must include a notation that all wins and any championships were vacated due to the unethical use of an illegal player.
6. The Miami Valley Heat will return any team trophies and awards received from the league for this team during 2013 and 2014.
The Midwest Ohio Baseball League considers the altering of birth certificates the "betting on baseball" of youth sports. There has been, and will be no tolerance for such activity.
Gregg Beemer, Vice President Operations
Wade Westfall, President