End of Season 8,9 & 10
Mandatory League Make-Up for 8,9,&10
End of Season 11 & 12
Mandatory Make-up week for 11 & 12
Dayton Dragons Night Awards night for 8, 9 & 10
End of Season Tournament 11 - 12
End of Season 13 &14
Mandatory Make - up week 13 & 14
End of Season Tournament 13 & 14
League requirements due.
Scheduling Meeting / Baseball Pick-up
Location: Dayton Marriott
on Patterson blvd
8U & 9 U: 6-6:45 pm
10U &11 U: 7-7:45 pm
12U, 13U & 14U: 8-8:45 pm
Final age group assignments and regional splits. At this time coaches will have contact info, number of league games and are free to start scheduling games.
Appeals for divisional assignments (if any).
Last day to submit petitions for divisional assignments.
Preliminary Age Group Assignments sent to coaches
Late/Final registration and payments due.
Registration for the MOBL 2016 season is now open. Click here to begin.
Registration closes for 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U &14U age groups. League fees due at this time.
We are exstending registration for a week at this time due to late registrations and coaches collecting fees from parents. January 25 th league fees and items such as baseballs, one call, umpire scheduler will increase 15%. If you have any questions please contact us at the league.
New Team Meeting
Coaches, asst. coaches, and existing coaches are welcome
Location: Centerville High School Central Theatre
Time: 6:00 -7:30 p.m.
This meeting is an opportunity for new coaches to meet the league administration and to go over in detail what to expect.
We will go over league administration and procedures, affiliations, awards, number of games, tournaments, rules and regulations.
13 & 14 -U End of Season Tournament. Top 4 teams in each Divisional Split Age Group.
Mandatory League Make-up week age groups 13 & 14. Teams are not to schedule any games during this time frame. Any regular league games not made up prior to the end of season league will dictate date of make up.
End of Season 13 & 14
Awards / Dayton Dragons Night for age Groups 8, 9, & 10-U
Mandatory Make League Make-up week for age groups 8, 9 & 10-U. Teams are not to schedule any games during this time frame. Any regular league games not made up prior to the end of season league will dictate date of make up.
11 & 12-U End of Season Tournament. Top 4 teams in each Divisional split age group.
8, 9 & 10-U End of Season
Mandatory Make League Make-up week for age groups 11&12. Teams are not to schedule any games during this time frame. Any regular league games not made up prior to the end of season league will dictate date of make up.
End of Season 11 & 12
League Requirement's Due
League Scheduling Meeting / Baseball Pick-up
Location: Dayton Marriott
8U & 9 U: 6-6:45 pm
10U &11 U: 7-7:45 pm
12U, 13U & 14U: 8-8:45 pm
Age Group Assignment and Regional Splits now available.
Last day To Submit Petitions for Divisional Assignments
Divisional / Regional Assignments
Registration now closed / League Fees Due
Registration Closes for 8,9,10,11,12,13 & 14 age Groups.
League will start working on divisional and regional assignments.
Registrations for the MOBL 2015 season are available here.
All games, including make-ups are now completed and we are verifying standings. As we complete this process, this will be updated with teams, fields and times.
All games will be played at Action Sports Center. For those divisions where it indicates that there tournament is on one night, the semi-finals will be at 6 pm: Finals at 8 pm.
All pitching starts new but all league pitch counts apply to the tournament. Remember, pitch counts are per day.
Tuesday June 28th: 12 D1
Tuesday June 28th: 6 PM Field #7: 12 D2: Beavercreek Sox v. Canes Baseball; 6 PM Field #8 Centerville Elks Gold v. Tipp City Blaze: 8 PM Winners Play in Finals.
Tuesday June 28th: 8 PM Field #6 Ohio Tribe v. Stealth Black; 8 PM Field #7 Twin Creek Mudcats v. Midwest Mayhem; Winners Play Wednesday June 29th 8 PM Field #6.
Wednesday June 29th: 11 D1: 6 PM Field #5 Dayton Classics v. Gem City Throwbacks; 6 PM Field #6 Ohio Colts v. Xpress; Winners Play at 8 pm on Field #5.
Thursday June 30th: 11 D2: 6 PM Field #5 Springfield Heat Wirick v. Miami Valley Venom; 6 PM Field #6 Dayton Crushers v. Xenia Scouts: Winners Play at 8 PM on Field #5.
Thursday June 30th: 11 D3
Teams, times and fields should be completed and on the website no later than Sunday.
Our upcoming Dayton Dragons night is Thursday June 23rd. This is a part of our awards program for the league.
This year the night is open to all teams in 8, 9 & 10-U age groups.
All 8, 9 & 10-U age group/divisional winners and runner ups receive up to 15 tickets from the league as part of your award for winning your division/regional split. Seats for players and coaches will be in the Dragons Lair.
All teams are encouraged to attend the night.
No matter how your season ended up additional tickets can be purchased for players, coaches’ families and fans at a cost of 10.00 per ticket for the lawn and a cost of 15.00 for seat. All tickets include a hat.
Parents, family and fans are encouraged to join us. We have reserved multiple sections of the outfield and lawn tickets.
All games for age groups 8, 9, &10 have until 12:00 a.m. (midnight) June 19th to get games in. Coaches that finish first or second in their division /regional split will be contacted Monday the 20th.
Start working on ticket request now do not wait until last minute.
Coaches, this is a sold out game and all additional ticket request is first come first serve. There will be no availability of tickets through the Dayton Dragons/Box Office prior to game. All tickets must be purchased through the MOBL.
Here is the procedure that we will follow to handle the tickets.
Check with your team today and see how many player & coaches tickets you need. Place order ASAP. Remember only 1 & 2nd in each age group divisional split receive tickets paid for by the league. Team tickets each are 15.00 seat, 10 Lawn. Tickets include a Dragons Hat.
Check with your parents and families on additional tickets. Seats are 15.00 lawn tickets are 10.00. This includes a Dayton Dragons hat with each ticket.
Collect your money.
Once order is placed avoid changing order.
Email me at email@example.com with team name, age group, head coaches name and amount of tickets needed.
I will call/email you to confirm order.
Monday night the 23rd between 5:00-5:50 pm head coach (or team rep) will bring exact amount of money in the form of CASH or ONE CHECK. Checks made out to Midwest Ohio Baseball or MWOB (Cash is preferred) location for pick up will be in front of the main box office/corporate offices in the plaza. Or tickets may be picked up at my home any time prior to the 23rd.
Gates open at 6 and game starts at 7.
Line up for on Field parade in center field Dragons lair at 6:15.
Awards for age group /divisional/regional 1st & 2nd place winners only will be passed out after parade.
If you are a league/divisional/regional winner 1st or 2nd place your team will receive their league medals that night.
Only 1st and 2nd place League/divisional will be medaled. This will be the only pass out of awards. If you and your team are unable to attend please contact league for arrangements for pick up.
* 9u d3 has 5 regional splits this season; only the top team will receive medals and 15 free tickets; please contact us if you have any questions.
In addition to countless Dayton Dragons gifts such as posters, bobble heads, t-shirts and signed baseballs, three players will be chosen, one from each age group, to throw out the first pitch of the game. Kids will also be chosen to participate in the on-field skits, behind the scenes private tour of the Dayton Dragons facility and meet and greet with Dragons players. All teams will participate in a parade on the Dragons Field prior to start at the game.
Coaches, I need your help to make this run smoothly. Needless to say, with over 1,400 people attending the event this is a huge night and a great deal of enjoyment for the kids, families and the league. So please get your order in ASAP. Any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call a 937-672-1260
Click HERE for 2016 background check information.
The 2016 season is upon us with the hope and optimism of a new baseball season. Please remember that our mission is to develop young people and baseball players through baseball. It is about the kids learning lessons and playing baseball. Stay focused on player development in all things please.
Some of you have completed all of your preseason requirements but many of you have not. Thus, your teams are not yet legal to play. These items must be completed prior to playing any games. Please immediately go to your Coaches/Team Administration site and make sure all of your buttons are green. If they are not, your team is not legal to play.
All Coaches must have completed their background test or submitted an appropriate substitution.
Your team MUST be insured. Your team’s insurance certificate must be uploaded to your coach administration system under insurance on the website if you did not purchase through the league. If you did, the certificate should be already uploaded.
Every player on your roster must have returned their signed electronic contract. Each players’ birth certificate must be uploaded to the website. Each of your coaches must have returned their signed electronic contract. Each and every coach must have their own concession certificate uploaded to the website…..this is a State of Ohio Law. You should print your concussion certificate as there is no direct connection to send it to MWOB. It must be printed and uploaded.
The medical release forms are for you to keep. You should have them with you at all times the team is together: practices, games, meetings…..anytime. We once had a kid have to go to the hospital for falling down the stairs at a meeting…..thankfully they had the medical release and he could be treated.
There are on-line tutorials to help with each section.
Your team is not legal until every box is green.
It is important to note especially that playing games without player contracts and coaches contracts means that those individuals are NOT covered by any insurance issued through the Midwest Ohio Baseball League and thus, any potential liability etc. could fall on the head coach. Please do not play games without having these items completed for your own benefit as well as the league. Obviously, games played without completition of these requirements will be considered forfeits.
Other items to remember:
1. Catchers must wear the hockey type mask and helmet combo.
2. Umpires are to be paid at the Pre-Game Plate meeting. Each team should split the umpire cost at each game to assure that umpire cost are split fairly. Umpires are to be paid: $40 (8u); $55 9-11u 6 innings single umpire); $60 (12u 7 innings single umpire); $55 per umpire minimum 2 per game for $110 total (13-14u two umpires).
3. IF you are using the Umpire Scheduler, all of your umpires are Approved Umpires. All Ohio High School certified umpires are Approved and do not have to go through any approval process. However, if you are not using either Jim Heatherly or Bob Juliano to schedule your games, and are not using Ohio High School certified umpires, you must have your umpires approved prior to the 2015 season. Send an email to: email@example.com with the contact information for your umpires (or an umpire scheduler) and Bob will check them and put them on the approved list. IF they are NOT on the approved list they ARE NOT APPROVED. Use of unapproved umpires may result in forfeits or other sanctions from the League.
4. League games are ALL games indicated through the letter/email outlining the geographical divisions where the League told you how many games to play. Those dictated games are ALL League games. ALL OTHER GAMES ARE NON-LEAGUE GAMES. Only League games are counted for League standings, end of season tournament and Dayton Dragons game attendance. IF you are playing both League and Non-League games, simply determine and agree in WRITING which game will be your league game. Absent any emails or other written confirmation of an agreement, the first game played (or the first two if two are required for League play) will be considered the League game. Please communicate clearly on this issue.
5. In the event of an ejection, BOTH teams are to report it via email.
6. The time to add players to your roster has been extended to June 15th to assist in completing the season.
7. There is an entire standalone outline of the pitch count rules but for clarification purposes a “Day of Rest” is defined this way: A day of rest is a full calendar day and not a 24 hour window. Therefore, if a player pitches a noon game on a Saturday and is subject to two days’ rest, then his required days of rest are Sunday and Monday and he is eligible to pitch again on Tuesday. Many times we are asked if he can rest 48 hours and pitch again on Monday evening (effectively 52-56 hours of rest). This DOES NOT satisfy his rest.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: In a previous email we erroneously reported that pitch counts applied to both league and non-league games. Pitch counts apply only to League games. Pitch counts do not apply to tournaments or Non-League games even if these non-league games involve two MWOB teams. However, we strongly encourage both parents and coaches to adhere to the pitch counts as much as possible.
We pulled some early wording from a past rule and did not edit it correctly. We regret any inconvenience this error may have caused anyone.
8. Please have your scorekeepers coordinate about pitch counts each inning and after the game so they are kept correctly and everyone stays in agreement throughout the game.
9. Review the frequently asked questions and rules to help you understand both the rules and the intent of the rules.
10. Remember that the entire purpose of the league is for kids to play baseball. Always keep the kids in the forefront of your thoughts and decisions and everything will go well.
Good luck this season.
Wade H. Westfall
In case you haven't read Nancy Bowman's Dayton Daily News article about the Mircacle League, you can check out this great cause by clicking here.
The Miracle League of the Miami Valley can be contacted via Facebook at www.facebook.com/miracleleagueofthemiamivalley.
National Miracle League information is available online at www.miracleleague.com.
We have recently become aware that someone is fraudulently selling raffle tickets for a Harley using the name of Midwest Ohio Baseball. This is NOT a league sponsored raffle. We are working with law enforcement to apprehend the responsible party. If you have bought any of these tickets, or have any information please contact Wade Westfall via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, Midwest Ohio Baseball performed an extensive telephone survey in order to get your feedback regarding the past season. We thank the coaches for the very positive responses. Over the past 10 years, both amateur baseball and Midwest Ohio Baseball League have made significant changes. Click HERE to see the answers to common questions about the league.
MCYBSA Fall Baseball
Register online at:
For more info, contact:
Greg Meeker - 937-901-8502
MOBL Team Discount
Save $50 Per Tournament When Playing In Any Two 2016 GMB Tournaments
Use Code GMB100
Discounts Expire 2/1/2016
Fall Development Baseball Camp
Register online at: